Do you think no idea is too stupid if it fits? If “yes”, then this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
In this fully remote role, you’ll get the chance to work with a diverse, flexible, and international team. Your primary responsibilities will involve creating innovative 3D strategic games, developing and maintaining shaders, and designing stunning VFX.
- Primarily focused on shader development, including their maintenance and the creation of compelling visual effects for the game.
- Using Unity as the primary game engine, combined with scripting in C#, with potential knowledge in MEL or Python
- Dealing with 3D software packages, such as Blender or 3DS Max, or other similar tools.
- Being communicative and teaming up while hitting top-notch quality standards.
- At least 3 years of experience in the gaming industry.
- Experience in the development and maintenance of shaders, as well as in creating special VFX.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as C# or C++, and potentially in MEL or Python.
- Advanced knowledge of the Unity engine.
- Proficiency in one or more 3D packages such as Maya, Blender, or similar.
- Fluent English.
WHAT THEY OFFER
- Flexible working hours
- Defined vacation and compensatory leave
- Medical plan (US/UK)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
This studio has been developing games that break conventions by subverting tropes and expectations for over a decade. Operating fully remotely across North America and Europe, the studio is focused on making strategy games; they have successfully shipped six titles, and are currently working on two new projects.Their culture’s is grounded in the ideal of a healthy work-life balance and ethical game development.
Size of the studio: around 40 people
Platform: Pc, console
Game Engine: Unity